Friday 28 October 2011

Fajita Fridays


The new health kick requires new experiments in the kitchen.  Last Friday I decided to make Fajitas.  Mainly because they are quick to make and at week end I'm just too tired to care what I eat.  On top of easy,  Fajitas are basically impossible to screw up and can be quite healthy (minus the cheese and sour cream...but, those can be limited). I didn't use any particular recipe rather, I threw together a mash (and it literally looks like that as you eat it) of ingredients* and called it a fajita.

1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 of a small onion (I originally thought red onion would work best however, I used white as I already had one in my fridge and it worked just fine)
1 jalapeno
Just over a cup of sprouted beans
2 chicken breast
A bit of oil, spice and lime juice to marinate the chicken in

Once I had everything cut up and the chicken cooked, I sautéed everything together until it was just the right texture and full of flavor.  I threw it all into a flax grain tortilla, put a BIT of cheese, sour cream and salsa on top and enjoyed!!!




*Ingredients and amounts can vary

No comments:

Post a Comment