Thursday 3 November 2011

goodreads


I’ve never been a huge fan of reading.  I blame it on my long career as a student.  Reading always seemed to be a huge chore while in school and having time to read something that I actually wanted to was next to impossible.  Now that I am finished school, I’ve found it hard to accept reading as just a hobby, rather than work. 
My wish list for Christmas has quite a few books on it.  I am hoping that over the holidays* I find more time to read and find myself enjoying it (if I don’t,  I might end up with multiple gifted books start to a library that I never read). 
I’ve had a few people tell me about the site goodreads.  To be honest, I was completely turned off from the site when I signed up.  My attention span is small and if I can’t figure out a website/app/anything within the first 5 minutes of navigating I usually give up right away (maybe this temperament explains why I dislike reading so much…?).
What is the best way to get started on goodreads and find some, well, goodreads? Any thoughts?

*I am actually taking my first PAID holiday over the Christmas break!



No comments:

Post a Comment